Manihiki Magic - My aunties, by Charlie

Helina & I ready for church with our matching outfits


I like Manihiki. Maman is not running around anymore doing errands and Papa doesn't work on the weekend or at night. My brother Yann is at home a lot as school is only until 11. He's a bit rough but he loves me. And I love him. He always wants to squash me and I think it's funny! But I spend a lot of time alone with Maman because Yann plays outside with his friends. I also like it here because it is warm so I only need my nappy! And sometimes a nice dress to look like a girl. 

In Manihiki there are also all my aunties. They always take me for a cuddle, especially at church. My favorite aunty is Winnie. She lives not far from us and is Yann's school teacher. I often go for a visit. Her daughter Helina and son Frederick also look after me. Helina always carries me to school in the morning. She makes sure the sun is not in my face. Frederick always, always wants to kiss me and hold me. But he plays marble in the sand so he's only allowed to touch my little feet! That's what Maman and aunty Winnie tell him. 

Anna cuddling me after dinner


When Winnie comes to get me, I know I will spend a nice afternoon. She gives me a bath, massages me with coconut oil. It helps my muscles to grow strong, keeps the mosquitoes away and makes me look good and smell nice. And then she dresses me nicely. 

Winnie taking me back to Maman after a nice afternoon at her place


Unfortunately I am not allowed to eat ice cream like the other children. Yann always says "Charlie trop petite", which means that I am too small. But I can't complain because I have Maman's milk all to myself! Soon I'll be able to start drinking nimata too, mmmh fresh coconut! So when I'm hungry, Winnie brings me back home for titi time. Or Helina goes to tell Maman to come over and feed me. I can take my time to drink because I don't need to share. 

Winnie taking me for a nice sunset


When I finished my Kai Kai with Maman, aunty Winnie cuddles me and sings me songs in Maori. I am not sure what she says. All I understand is Moe Moe. Maybe it means sleep because all I know is that I always wake up an hour later on Winnie's bed! 

Moe moe with Aunty Anna


 
Moe moe with pretty Helina after church


I love my island Aunties!

Check out our Instagram - Azure Coconut

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Auftakt Cook Island Games 2020

Im Paradies steht die Zeit still - 365 Tage im Luxusstrandhotel

Manihiki Magic - THE best coconut crab in the world!